Friday, June 19, 2015

Happy Father's Day Card - Crafts Dies by Sue Wilson

Hello Friends!
I have a hard time making cards for the guys. I think a card without flowers does not look complete to me. But when it comes to making a card for my husband I have to make the exception, he would not approve if a put a flower on his card. LOL!!!
I think this Portuguese Collection - Background die set by Sue Wilson is perfect for the occasion.






Instructions:

I started by making a 5" x 7" card base with black cardstock. I die cut all the layers using the Portuguese Collection - Background die set and cardstock in natural white, kraft and black as pictured below. 




I adhered the layers to the card using foam squares to add dimension. For the Happy Father's Day sentiment inside the card I used Cheery Lynn dies and black cardstock. 





Supplies:

Craft Dies by Sue Wilson:  Portuguese Collection - Background.
Creative Expressions UK

Other Supplies: Neenah Papers in Black, Natural White and Kraft Cardstock. Foam Squares, Happy Father's Day dies by Cheery Lynn Designs.


Thanks for visiting!! Hugs!

Marisa



8 comments:

  1. Una card semplice ma adatta al tipo di occasione e bellissima anche senza i fiori...abbracci Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Marisa, great colours and design.
    Have our Grandsons here today and that's a card they can make.
    Thank you for the inspiration
    Have a great weekend
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since your post yesterday, I have loved Sue Wilson's dies and your cards with her dies are spectacular! My dad would have loved your Father's Day card. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great card for a Dad who is in the technical computer age. Yet it has a vintage look about it too. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So enjoying all these posts Marisa and another great card , good for the guys , change the colours and it could be for anyone!!
    XxxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ruth! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Hi Marisa
    The guys can be a pesky bunch but this is just perfect for a fella.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dynamic card so suitable for Father's Day. Love the strong colour combo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!