Welcome to the second day of the JustRite Papercraft May Release! Today, the Design Team will be showcasing two new stamp sets "Violette Vintage Labels" and "Going Places Vintage Labels", and one set of custom dies "Vintage Label & Banner Dies" designed to coordinate with JustRite cling and clear stamps.
For my project I used the new cling stamp set "Violette Vintage Labels" and the new die template set "Vintage label & Banner Dies" pictured below.
1. To make the basket first cut a 3 3/4 inch square with white cardstock. Score a 1/2 inch mark on 4 sides and cut the corners out.
2. Stamp 4 of the smaller label from the cling stamp set "Violette Vintage Labels" on white cardstock and die cut with coordinating die from the set "Vintage label & Banner Dies". Also die cut 4 blank labels for the inside of the box.
For the handle, stamp border using "Classic Lace Edges One". The handle is about 11 inches long, so you need to stamp the border twice and glue ends by overlapping one scallop. Die cut border on both sides with Edge A from the set "Classic Edges One" by Spellbinders.
3. Color the 4 labels and basket handle with Copic markers. For the flowers I used YR02, V15, V000 and RV66, for the leaves I used G21 and G85, and for the stripes I used #31. I used the same colors for the handle.
Glue the 4 labels on each side of the square just before the crease line as picture below shows.
4. Cut 4 ribbons measuring about 18 inches each. Center ribbons on the back side and secure with tape on the top edge of labels making sure the ribbons touch the corners. Then glue blank labels on top covering the ribbons. See picture below.
This is how the back should look after you glue all 4 labels.
This is the front side of the basket.
5. To form the basket tie a knot in each corner and then make a bow. Attach handle to the sides with strong tape or glue. I die cut 2 extra blank labels to cover the handle inside the basket.
For the sentiment "Thank you" I used the set "Spring Words" and the flowers are from the set "Violette Vintage Labels" also. Die cut a circle around the sentiment using "Standard Circles Small" by Spellbinders and the scalloped circle behind is die cut using "Lacey Circles" by Spellbinders.
Attach pearls to flowers and handle.
Here is the finished project.
I hope you are inspired to make this basket, it does not take that long and having the coordinating dies for the images makes it really easy to cut and assemble the basket.
JustRite Papercraft products: "Violette Vintage Labels", "Vintage label & Banner Dies", "Classic Lace Edges One", "Spring Words"
Other Supplies: white cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, May Arts silk ribbon, white pearls.
Please make sure to visit each of the JustRite Papercraft Designers to see their creations.
Marisa Job (me)
Marisa Job (me)
Thanks for visiting! Hugs!